Wednesday, September 17, 2008

what do you see?

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:10-12





My girlfriend, Amy, over at Meanwhile Back at the Ranch posted an illustration you need to see and a post you HAVE to read about her and her sister. (I love them both!) After seeing her post, I wanted to upload this illustration, too. I had such an emotional response to these renderings of Jesus in action (total tummy flip). Both are so emotive... affective... poignant... so... real.

When I look at this, I see:
PURE. JOY.

And that's really what I find in Him.
What do you see in this illustration?

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow! well, i went over to your friend's blog and was rejoicing in God's healing there and the pictures in both of your posts are so touching.

In your friend's I see total rest in the arms of the One who can do all the "worrying" for me...as though He worries at all!

In your post-pic I see no-fear, no-reservation, total-vulnerable, no-need-to-explain-myself joy!

Sheila said...

hey, just curious. what's "epic"? saw it on your profile.

simmie flock said...

I want to "feel" what Jesus "looks" in this picture...all the time!

Upon waking, during the day, facing my husband, my kids, climbing into bed...

The joy of the Lord is so beautiful...

And to think it's available to us by following after Him. Oh, Jesus, we are so undeserving! Thank You!