Sunday, September 07, 2008

One. Big. Bug.

I don't know if this is a locust or what, but this is one HUGE grasshopper. It's like completely desiccated and the kids were absolutely in awe. All 3 of them wanted to hold it and check it out. I'm not afraid of it. It's dead.

My kids help me not be scared to hold creepy crawly things because they're soooo fascinated by stuff, that it's exciting to find a jumbo dead bug in our backyard. We find snakes sometimes, too! Yech!






Even Kev had to hold it. This photo taken right BEFORE he took it and tore it in half, threw it on the ground and ran inside to catch up with K and B. I think they were after his homemade oreo, which made him lightning fast.

Thank you, Lord, for these babes who remind me to praise you for all creation and the wonder of it all!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sheila said...

One of the things that I love about engaging with my kids is talking to them about the One who made all those bugs and yucky things they are so intrigued by.

simmie flock said...

Amen to that!
I've been so fascinated with the bug world lately. There's tons of bizarre 'bug worlds' going on around our yard and I've been so drawn to the amazement of it all. They really are unique creatures made with a purpose. God designed them...gave them His thoughts...it's so amazing.

Next mission: Go beyond 'arms-length' of these crazy things. I still don't have the courage to get too close...let alone TOUCH AND PICK UP, even if they have perished. But then again, I haven't asked the Lord for this courage yet either.

Kids are so wonderful. They really do show us God's world thru His eyes. I love the sensitivity they have for the little world around them that we all too often believe we're 'too busy' to explore.

Bryson, Kenna, and Kevan:
You guys are so brave!! Your bug looks so cool! What a neat bug God left in your yard for you to check out. Keep looking for more! I'll bet there's all kinds hiding everywhere! And don't forget to have Mom take a picture! :)