Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Being a Mom

I was visiting The McCourtneys blog this afternoon for some encouragement, which I get in daily doses from my friend Summer - mommy of 6 and wife of a pastor. (Stop by there if you get a chance!)

Anyway, a blogger named "Bethany" comments on Summer's blog frequently, so I clicked over to her blog to "meet" her and I really loved being there.

This is a post Bethany had written in response to her previous post confessing that she always felt like a failure as a mom/wife/homemaker.

THE LAND OF CURLY HAIR: SUCCESS - MY ANSWERS

I really liked how Bethany answered her own question of what defines Success for the Wife who is also Mom who is also Home Manager. I find myself feeling inadequate at times, too... there is so much to be done around my home... Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically that I find myself getting discouraged, too! Her post was a great encouragement to me. Go on over and "meet" her, I think you'll like her, too!



4 comments:

Sheila said...

oooh, i love it when you have new posts up! i wish all my sisters in oregon had a blog so i could share in their lives- but then i'd NEVER walk away from the computer! :)

i too enjoy Bethany's blog. i truly beleive the Lord keeps me in a constant state of sensing the overwhelming impossiblity of the calling of wife/mom/homemanager, etc., just so i'll stay trusting in HIS power not my own!

I always remember that He told Gideon he was a mighty man of valor while he was hiding to thresh his wheat. And He told Gideon, "Go in this might that is yours...haven't I sent you?!"

It's what Jesus says about us, that we are perfect and complete, that counts, not the circumstances of our surroundings and all we so obviously lack. We can go each day in this might that is ours...HIS sending of us, and trust that He is our completion.

May He give our hearts rest as we look around at (just my house here)...loads of laundry waiting to be folded on the kitchen table, dishes to be washed, reading practice to be done with Connor, gym to be worked out in (so I can stay strong for the task), children to be prayed over, a husband to be interceded for and allured....Give us rest Lord, give us rest!

BETHANY said...

I was checking out my sitemeter today to see where people were coming from and found some referrals from your site. Then I found this post. Thanks for the kind words!

So, how "south" are you? Did you know Summer from Ashland? That's where she and I met. Maybe I've met you too. :)

BETHANY said...

Just realized you commented on my blog too. :)

Mama in Uganda said...

You are a dear friend. At times, I long to be along side my sisters in Oregon--encouraging over a cup of coffee or crying out on our knees side by side. But, there is nothing like finding delight in being where the Lord desires you!