Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Kennabear is 4!!!






Today's my sweet girl's birthday. (Maybe that's why I've felt so empathetic with Krystal all day. I labored today, too, only it was four years ago. And Krystal was there! She watched my first baby girl be born.) ANYWAY, today's my sweet Kennady's FOURTH birthday.

Kennady, here are four things I ADORE about you:

Your smile makes you absolutely, irresistably, kissably, radiantly beautiful and just lights up your whole face and brightens up my little mommy world.

You are such a good helper with a heart to serve. I love your sweet spirit. "Mommy, can I make wif you?" "Mommy, can I hold Karsyn?" "Mommy, can I wash the dishes in the sink?" "Mommy, will you cheer for me?" "Mommy, do you want to twirl wif me?" "Mommy, I love your sweet face." "Daddy, how was your day, Dad?" "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, sweet Karsyn, did you wake uuuuuuuuuup?" "Bryson, do you want to dance with me?" "Awwww, are you okay, Bubba, I mean Kevan?" "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control! For my fumb!!!!!" You are.... (tears now) such a JOY to me.




Your heart of worship. You love talking about Jesus, singing about Jesus, asking about Jesus. You remind me how near the Lord is because of your childlike faith and your unashamed praises for the King.


The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11



Your eagerness to learn. Your tenderheartedness toward others. Your sensitive heart. Your willingness to please -- you honor and obey Mommy and Daddy with such a cheerful heart, yes, most of the time, and a soft heart of repentance when you don't.


You really are our princess and the Lord's. You are a daughter of the King and He, too, is captivated by your beauty. Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! And yes, next you will be turning "5 and 6 and 7!"


Thank you, Jesus, that I am priviliged to see Your hand in my daughter's life... thank you for sharing her with me. She is a blessing to this family. May Your glory continue to shine brightly in those big amber-colored eyes.

3 comments:

simmie flock said...

I agree with all 4 of your wonderful picks for Kenna on this day...I was actually thinking most of them as I scrolled thru her pictures, before I even read what you posted.

Kennady:
Happy Birthday, little princess! We LOVE when you come to our house 'cause you make it fun and you make us all happy! You make us have fun and you make us see things in neat ways and you help us to speak softly and smile sweetly. You are filled with the Holy Spirit and we love to be near you! You're such a gracious, grateful princess...Jesus loves you!

The Simmie Family

Sheila said...

Happy birthday Kennabear!!! You got me tearin' up with that post myself! Our babies grow so fast, yet I look at them and still think, "You're still so tiny. You're still a baby."

Thank you Lord for the gift and ministry of being a mom!

Kia Gregory said...

Happy BIrthday to the Princess. She has a wonderful mama and will continue to grow to be like you Kellie!