Thursday, September 04, 2008

Truth


I just put the kids down for their quiet time/naptime. We spent a couple hours at the farm today with some friends. Kids had a ton of fun. I asked all 3 babes to wash face/hands and get in bed. Done deal. When I was tucking Bryson in, I asked him if he washed his hands. He shook his head yes. I said, "Are you telling Mama the truth?" And he said, "Yes, mom." And offered up his hands for me to smell.

Indeed. They were clean and freshly minty.

"Mom, what's truth?"
"Remember that Bible verse from your book, about God's little boy being "Truthful" and the verse says, 'Don't use your mouth to tell a lie?'"
"Yeah."
"That's what truth is. The truth is telling what is real, what really happened."
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"What's in truth? What's IN truth?"
"Jesus."


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 14:6


1 comment:

Sheila said...

That's awesome....just makes me smile that he asked, "What's IN truth?" only kids ask the questions that really get to the heart of the issues we adults have dulled down with "logic."

Love it!!!