Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Name Game



Sheila was asking me about the Ellis in the names. Ellis is my maternal Grandmother's last name. And so because I love talking about my babes, and because I know you'll humor me, I'll just indulge myself a little here and share the history of naming our dozen (or so) children.

Karsyn is a name I have loved since we were pregnant with Kennady. And in my family, there's a **rule** that all the little girls must have "K" names. It started with me, then my cousin Katie, then my sister Kristy and along came Kristen and Krystal and then Kassie. I have Kennady and my sister has Macy Kaye (my sister, the rule breaker always loved the name Macy and well, she did give her a K-name for a middle name) and then my cousin Katie has Kelsie.

We like the naming-baby process.

BRYSON ROBERT CHASTAIN TRENKLE
Bry's-son Robert (my Dad and brother and 7 others in my family!) Chastain (my Dad's family's last name).

KENNADY KATHRYN TRENKLE
Kennady ("helmeted chief!" and yeah, she has beeen a bossy li'l thing) Kathryn (Bryan's mom's middle name)

KEVAN CLAYTON JAMES TRENKLE
Kevan (both Bryan's dad and my dad's brother were Kevan/Kevin) Clayton (Bryan's uncle's middle name) JAMES (biblical)

KARSYN ELLISE
Karsyn (a derivative of Karyn means PURE); Ellise (means CONSECRATED TO GOD)

BRETT WILLIAM ELLIS TRENKLE
Brett (Favre, of course) William (Bryan's maternal Grampa was Willie) Ellis (my mom's family's last name)

LAUREN ASHLEE TRENKLE
Bryan and Marcie just thought Lauren Ashlee was pretty.

And that's that!


2 comments:

Sheila said...

That's awesome! I love the naming babies thing too...and so much power in it as those with the Holy Spirit in us...insight into who are kids are.

love ya
sheila

mommymelb said...

What a fun story. That's wonderful that your names have such history behind them. Naming for us never comes easy, but it always fits them when they get here.