Sunday, January 06, 2008

Mighty Arms & Trenkle Toes

From Kids' Christm...

Each time I've been pregnant, I've been privileged to be pregnant at Christmas time and so even baby gets her (yes, I said, "her", just un-confirmed) own stocking!

This is Mary's song of praise as she rejoiced over her own pregnancy:

“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
For the Mighty One is holy,
and he has done great things for me.
He shows mercy from generation to generation
to all who fear him.
His mighty arm has done tremendous things!
He has scattered the proud and haughty ones.
He has brought down princes from their thrones
and exalted the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
and sent the rich away with empty hands.
He has helped his servant Israel
and remembered to be merciful.
For he made this promise to our ancestors,
to Abraham and his children forever.”
Luke 1:46-55

Mary's song is one I can sing, too.
Mary's Mighty One is mine, too.

God's mighty arm became human flesh within her and it's His arm that was outstretched for me on a rugged ol' cross. That IS a tremendous thing!
I just ECHO Mary's praises -- when I'm hungry, I am filled!

Mary's child was miraculously conceived.
But so was mine! If you're a mom, so was yours!
If you have a mom, YOU'RE that miracle!
I can't help but marvel... (especially now that I'm like, not... puking!)


We are so incredibly fashioned together. That toes like those become toes like these!


It's a New Year and with it brings new opportunities to marvel at His mercy, His miracles, both ordinary & extraordinary, and His mighty arms that are continually ready to embrace, comfort, and uphold me (and you!).

Oh, Jesus, move powerfully in my heart this coming year. I want more of You and less of me in my everyday. I want to walk by faith, in the Spirit, full of Your joy that is my strength.




1 comment:

Sheila said...

More of Him to be revealed in those being knit together Trenkle toes!

Praise God with you sister!