Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Crosses We Bear

My gramma sent these images to me in an email marked "PROFOUND." It made me think about what things I ask the Lord for that are not in His perfect will for my life, not in my best interest. And then act on those requests without hearing back from Him. Check these out and share your thoughts...









Then Jesus, looking at you, loves you and says...
"...Come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”
Mark 10:21
(my emphasis, my application)

Oh, Jesus, give me a heart that is satisfied to do Your will and to know that I do not carry my burdens without being yoked up to You. I want my cross (Yours really) to stretch across the fault lines in any life circumstance. You know my path and what dips and valleys and mountaintops await as I journey toward Your promises. Thank you for being my hiking companion.

Is He yours?


4 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

Great illustration! As we prepare to return to Uganda I am asking the Lord to remind me--it is all about Him and His kingdom....

simmie flock said...

Yes! Tell me about it! Ya know, I've come to realize over time that I subconsciously "accept or reject" certain crosses...such as, if I'm going thru something traumatic, like a surgery, I'll recognize it as something Jesus wants me to carry at that time, and I'll do so with such PEACE (thank You, Jesus) but if I'm struggling day to day with what comes with being a wife/mothering/ homemaking/etc., etc., ETC...I tend to not even think those are all seperate crosses in themselves. I guess I minimize them, like, "It's just me being grouchy, or a perfectionist" or whatever. Yet with the really big crosses, I run straight into His arms and have instant hope.

Gosh, Kell, thanks for bringing this up...it's something I needed to refocus on and I didn't even realize! I'm so excited to start carrying what I define as 'small crosses' (or not crosses at all) for the name of Jesus and see what miracles He's been waiting to do in those areas! I needed to remember that anything that's a struggle for me IS a cross, not just what the world would gasp over as being a 'big deal' for someone to have to go thru.

I carry them all for You, Lord!! Thank You for loving me enough to give me crosses! And thank You so much for being MY hiking buddy..I love You!!

~Kris~ :)

Sheila said...

I love that! Also, just wanted you to know mama Trenkletoes, that I've passed a blogging award onto you over at my wife of valor blog. Love ya!
Sheila

Katie! said...

I love this....it is such a great reminded that the Lord has a plan, and that no matter hard it seems to full fill, it will serve a purpose and we will prevail with His strenth.

Katie