Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Palace Style



Mmmmm. Don't these look so balmy and warm! I am really ready for summer. These pics are from February -- snapshots from the night of the Father Daughter dance. I have been staring at these pics for a bit now and I'm just amazed at how fast 5 years can fly by. Kennady is 4 1/2 and she is becoming quite the young lady.

I love watching her with the Dad. (Yes, sometimes we call him "the Dad", I don't know why.) When she's primped and pampered she acts like a little lady. For her, REAL dressing up involves straight hair, painted nails, lip gloss & jewelry. All of the above selected by Kbear herself. Even when Dad told Kennady he loved her hair curly curly curly, she asked for straight straight straight. So, her date had to be patient & wait wait wait. Get used to it, Dad! You have 3 women in this house! And when she's NOT wearing jewelry or sitting perfectly still so the Mom can use the flat iron, she's runnin' with the boys. She is just my go-with-the-flow kinda gal.

I've been thinking about this verse tonight as I study my baby girl who's not my baby girl anymore:

That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;
That our daughters may be as pillars, Sculptured in palace style;
Psalm 144:12
You know what? It IS our hope that our kids will be rooted and grounded in love. That they will grow up strong & beautiful, individuals who have hearts to receive both Light from the Son and the Water that is the Word of God. That they'll not only live lives built upon the Rock, but also allow Him, the Master Craftsman, to chisel and sculpt their hearts, souls, futures... palace style.



5 comments:

KI said...

breathtaking. Can't wait for W & A moments like this...

Mama in Uganda said...

What a beautiful little lady. May she truly grow up, under the love and care of her mommy, to be a pillar unto the Lord.

Sheila said...

those are beautiful pictures!!!!

and those words from the Psalms... some of my most meditated on! Even though I don't have girls I am one of HIS girls and so I see the heart of my Abba making me a palace style pillar and I pray for my sons that they would be fruitful and strongly rooted in the Love of Christ plants in their youth!

Simply Inspired said...

Kellie this is beautiful! I love that verse, " Psalm 144:12" I hope the same thing for Thomas & Katelyn. You are such a good mama to your children and they are growing and learning from your example. Kennady is so beautiful just like you!!!

Amy said...

Now wait just a minute. I thought the Amish didn't believe in dancing?!?!