Sunday, February 15, 2009

Karsyn's nifty trick!

We discovered Karsyn was super strong when she was about 3 mos old,
(well really since conception, but that's another story). She would
bear her own weight on her legs and bounce bounce bounce bounce until
WE got tired. And she would make her legs so rigid that one day she
stood in the palm of my hand and balanced there for a split second.

So of course, Bryan had to one-up-me. And there she stood, on his
palm for a full 5 seconds! At 4 mos old! Now that's basically still
a brand new baby, just out of her fourth trimester. We were in awe.
And, I never did capture a snapshot of it, only video, and so
finally on Super Bowl Sunday I dragged Bry away from the game for a
split second b/c the sun was in a perfect position for a fun, warm
backlit shot, but I only had one try -- cuz you know the game was
on!!!-- and it was a bit blurry, i wasn't quick enough.

Today! Today I had my camera with me in town and we had a few minutes in the parking lot so I got several before she decides to retire this trick in favor of something bigger and better as a toddler.

This girl is a determined one. She is always ravenous, but never
gains a pound. Last weigh-in she was in the 0-th percentile. HA!
But she's a crazy fast crawler and constantly wanting to be in charge
of the scene here at the Trenkle house. I really don't want her to
walk, but "ain't nobody gonna slow her down, oh no, she's gotta keep
on mooooovin'..."

sigh.

She's earned the nickname of Nugget. Cuz she's so tiny. And Daddy
calls her Midget, cuz she's just a little shweetiepie. And bossy. She's
definitely vocal about HER needs.

What a joy she is. So glad we have four Trenkle kids, there's alot of
love to go around. Y'all need to come over and join in the fun of it!



3 comments:

Sheila said...

oh my goodness sakes!!! what a detirmined little cutie!

simmie flock said...

Wha??
Whaddaya doin' postin pictures of Bry doin' that??!! You know I can't stand that! And for it to be blasted on my favorite blog to be seen every time I visit here....ugh!! I'm gonna have to pray for some strength, woman! :)

And I agree wholeheartedly with you. Having 4 is a slice o' heaven, indeed. Lots and LOTS of love to go around! We've never once questioned what we're doing here with a simmie flock of 4. We've just loved every minute of it...oh! And I think it's finally starting to show fruition...how i've always told you that Liam has a special purpose, and you knew Karsyn did, too, from the very beginning. so, as they get older, that purpose starts exposing itself.
even if we never saw you guys, i can so clearly tell from your words that she's already having her own unique impact on your fam.

awesome times! Jesus is goooooood.....

KI said...

I was just gonna ask before I saw the title of your video...WHEN are you signing her up to the be cheerleading flyer?! They always tried to throw me up there, but I'd have NONE of it! She's a brave little wee!