Saturday, February 14, 2009

I love you, Babe.


hey, Babe. so... it's been nine years since our first Valentines Day. remember how i declared my love for you with a jcrew sweatshirt? (you never did wear that, but it's okay. it went to a good home.)

aw, you and i both know it wasn't just a jcrew sweatshirt. but rather the little store-bought card that said "You are Everything that I Love" that shocked you right out of your britches.

life's full of surprises when you marry a doschades girl.
and here we are nine years later. 2 career changes later. 4 kids later.

i'll always be glad i married my friend.
you never stop wanting to grow. you never stop submitting yourself to God.
i love that.

but it's not always easy.
it's not always sunshine and roses.
it's not always easy to love you. it's not always easy for you to love me. (ha!)
but we do it.
we do life.
and we do it together.
when it's easy and when it's hard.
when it's rough and when it's smooth.
you make me better. i make you stronger.
we are One.

thank you for believing in me. thank you for supporting my dreams. thank you for your respect and honor and for the way you cherish me.

i consider it my greatest privilege to hold your hand, by your side, as your wife, lover, friend. you really are... everything that i love.

and i could not ask for more.
happy valentines, bry.
i love you.

--kell

3 comments:

Sheila said...

you and your family are beautiful inside and out! oh what the love of Christ can do!!!!

Mama Amy said...

You are just darn pretty Kellie! Nice to see you for a few seconds today. love

Mama Amy said...

You are just darn pretty Kellie! It was nice to see you for a few seconds today.