Monday, March 17, 2008

In my SPARE time

Do other moms even have SPARE time? And if they do, then I need to manage my time to be more like them. I'm the type o' gal that would rather load up all three kids in the driving rain and run to the store to BUY more time than to create more of it by better management. Ulgh. I'm a slacker!

But in my spare time I point & shoot my Nikon. And then in my other spare time I play with those pics in PhotoShop or Picasa. And in my other spare time (that one day I just KNOW I will have), I will take some serious classes on how to REALLY point & shoot my Nikon and how to REALLY beautify images with PhotoShop. Like for reals, you know?

Wellllll... in my "spare" time these past few days, I've been working on photos from a wedding shoot I did in December. The Insley's have given me permission to share my fave shots (the bride & groom are soooo cool and their little girl is just a doll). And just for fun I thought I'd post one of them here.

I really liked this image to begin with, but I couldn't get over the big huge stop-sign above the bride's head and so I IM'd an expert and begged for a tip on how to make the problem LITERALLY disappear. Mostly thinking she could help me learn the PhotoShop trick to removing objects from photos. BUT THEN! At almost the same time, she and I thought up a possible solution that the couple might really digg (and they said "Go for it!").

So here's the original, the proof, and the final. This image was one they chose for a big fat enlargement so it was pretty crucial that it be worth enlarging. Check it out...


Is their little girl not the cutest thing!

Anyway... I better get back to workin'... the babes are down and so this is some spare UN-INTERRUPTED time that I best be using wisely, as there is no EXTRA TIME store in my neighborhood nor anywhere in the continental United States of America. (To my knowledge, that is.)

Just curious... What do YOU do in YOUR "spare" time?
And how did you get so good that it's actually SPARE?



2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your photos! I don't know what you mean by one day you'll figure out how to take really great pics with your Nikkon... YOU ALREADY DO!!!!!

I keep hearing about photoshop...I want to get my hands on it and play! But then again, I'd have to shopping at that "spare time" mall first for some more spare time :-)

It's all about managing what God gives us isn't it? For His glory. WE all get the same 24, but some of us have 3 plus one in the oven and 35 TO PLAY MOMMA BEAR TOO :-0

And some of us just have two (one of whom may make up for three or four other less hyper versions) and therefore there may appear to be "spare time"...not really though. I'm always saying, "Lord, what am I supposed to be doing today? What do you want me to do?" I feel overwhelmed every morning with the "needs" vs. "wants" and all the options of "good" things I could do. A few things He's teaching me help me to gain focus and be a good steward of His time. Whether it be the stuff that's really fun to us or the stuff that seems a real chore, once I get my delight set on Jesus, it all falls into what I "get" to do to show Him how thankful I am for His lavish love, mercy and grace.

Your gift of capturing the moment in a captivating way is edifying to the body and beautiful, revealing some of God's image in you...praise Him for it. Use it for His glory!

love you and praying for you!
Sheila

Mama in Uganda said...

Move to Africa where there are less distractions--materially that is. But, the spiritual warfaring is what I do in my spare time!